College Library is a well equipped, partially automated, two storied library with spacious seating arrangement. The library houses over 33,000 books including a good collection of rare study material, national, international journals and biographies in Punjabi, English and Hindi. In addition to this, it houses several Reference books, Magazines, News papers, Audio video cassettes, CD’s, Maps and Manuscripts. A salient feature of library is the preservation of Back Sets of journals. Also, it is the only library in Jalandhar Cantt area which provides open membership to one and all. The library has subscribed to INFLIBNET whereby more than 6000 e-journals, 3135000 e-books and bibliographic databases are made available to faculty members and students through N-LIST programme. The library is arranged according to DDC 23rd latest edition and provides open shelf system with Bar Coding facility. The library provides low cost Internet and Reprography services to the users.
Rules For College Library
- No student/member can enter the library without identity card.
- Books shall not be issued without the library tickets. A book shall be issued only for a period as mentioned in the due date slip.
- The students / members shall have to pay a fine of Re. 1/- per day after the due date.
- Reference books, rare books and current journals shall not be issued.
- For causing any loss or damage to the library book(s), the student / members shall have to replace the same either with the new one(s) or pay the loss or damage in double as well as the fine.
- In case the identity card of the student / member is lost, she should immediately report to the librarian and get a duplicate card on payment.
Facilities In The Library
- Bibliographic Services
- Reference Services
- Book Alert Services
- CAS/SDI Services
- Internet Facilities
- Reprographic Facility
- Library Automation
- E-Journal Package
- Book Exhibitions are arranged from time to time.
- Orientation Programmes are organised annually.
For the help of the meritorious and needy students, there is a book bank facility. Text books are issued to them for the whole session.
LIBRARY MEMBERSHIP for our former students and others:
- Membership fee cum security amount is Rs. 100/- (Non-refundable).
- Renewal of membership every year is a must.
Banarsi Dass Arya College
42, Haqiqat Road, Jalandhar Cantt,
Jalandhar 144005, Punjab, INDIA.
Ph.: +91.181.2260267, +91.81463.00177
E-mail: bdarya (at) rediffmail (dot) com